7.21.2008

4th of July

We are finally getting to this post! Problem with digital cameras...you never download the pictures until you have a million. So, sorry this post is so late. We headed over to Parkland College and sat out on the grass. Katie loved all the new experiences that go along with 4th of July.



Katie tried a snow-cone and loved it. She had no intention of sharing though (when she likes something eating becomes a very serious matter).


She also became very attached to sunglasses, kettle corn, and was in complete awe over the firework display

And just for good measure: Katie is just starting to be interested in craft projects. So, trying to be a good mom I baby proofed and prepared for finger painting. I was so excited and proud of my extra effort. I thought for sure it would be a total hit. Unfortunately, it was a total BUST. Katie put her fingers in the paint and immediately was upset about her hands being dirty. An "A" for effort I suppose.

2 comments:

megan said...

I love kettlecorn too :-) and painting...ohhh what a feat...what a good mommy!

Kellie said...

Robbie was wondering what a cross between David and Janae would be, I told him, "Katie, smart with a lot of spunk." Which is just what all her pictures show.